TIPS Training (Training for Intervention Procedures)
TIPS is a dynamic skills-based training program designed to prevent alcohol abuse, drunk driving, and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental “people skills” of servers, sellers, and consumers of alcohol. Training for Intervention Procedures gives individuals the knowledge and confidence they need to recognize the potential alcohol-related problem and effectively intervene to prevent tragedies.
Who needs TIPS?
This training is for any size business, organization, or community effort. Our practical solutions apply to all areas where alcoholic beverages are sold, served, and consumed including on-premise, off-premise, concessions, casinos, universities, and social functions.
What does TIPS include?
The focus of the training is on responsible consumption. Using video presentations, discussion, simulations, and role-playing exercises; TIPS training provides real-life information about the effects of alcohol and empowers employees with the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to:
- Recognize signs of intoxication.
- Intervene more quickly and assuredly in potential problem situations.
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors.
- Handle situations with greater confidence
- Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those who are getting into trouble with alcohol