The Levittown Community Action Coalition comes together to raise awareness about the importance of substance use prevention and positive mental health. #PreventionHappensHere
National Prevention Week (NPW) is a public education platform that promotes prevention year-round through providing ideas, capacity building, tools, and resources to help individuals and communities make substance use prevention happen every day.
Below is the weekly schedule provided by SAMHSA.
- Monday, May 10: Preventing Prescription Drug and Opioid Misuse
- Tuesday, May 11: Preventing Underage Drinking and Alcohol Misuse
- Wednesday, May 12: Preventing Illicit Drug Use and Youth Marijuana Use
- Thursday, May 13: Preventing Youth Tobacco Use (E-cigarettes and Vaping)
- Friday, May 14: Preventing Suicide
Check out our gallery of NPW Campaigns for each day of Prevention Week:
Prevention Happens in our Schools
Prevention Happens Here – Island Trees School District
Prevention Happens Here – Levittown School District